JS8Call is one piece of software we use that does not natively support the IC-705. So we need to use some rig control software.
There are a few to choose from but I find FLRIG works very well with the Icom Remote.
- Power on your radio and ensure its providing a WIFI hotspot or is connected to the same WIFI network as your computer.
2. Run Icom Remote and make a note of the com port number it provides
3. Run FLRIG and go to transceiver setting sand select the IC-705 and the COM port provided by Icom Remote.
4. In JS8Call, open settings and go to the radio tab. From the radio list select “FLRIG FLRIG” (or the name of the rig control software you are using.
5. Select the Audio tab and in the Modulation Soundcard for input and output select the Icom Virtual Audio Driver
6. Click OK to return to the JS8Call app.
Thats it, you should now be see JS8Call deciding what is in the waterfall and the radio should transmit when you hit the send button.
Hope this helps someone.